Lurch

Default Cooker Hood and Gas Hob (mains) supply

On Wed, 12 May 2004 08:15:05 +0100, in uk.d-i-y Dave Plowman
strung together this:

In article ,
Richard Savage wrote:
Nor can I but the installers will not connect the hood direct to the
ring main.

Any appliance connected to the ring main needs to be protected by a fuse -
either in a plug or FCU.
It's common to connect cooker hoods to the lighting circuit where no
separate fuse is needed.

So common in fact, that in all my years as an electrician I've never
seen one connected to a lighting circuit.
You still need an isolator though, and if the destructions say 3A fuse
max, a 6\10A MCB won't do, and technically invalidates the warranty.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.