Default Hitachi Power tools

In uk.d-i-y, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

I have a 110v Altas Copco SDS drill - on closer examination, it's
actually an AEG. I wonder if AC actually make any kit, or just rebadge
stuff.

A bit of Googling around, comparing PDFs of "owners manuals" and the like,
followed by acquiring two-of-one and one-of-the-other, was enough to
persuade me that AEG-AtlasCopco-Milwaukee are multiple brands/sources
for the very same thing, in the case of the "PES-12" non-impact drivers
at the very least. I seem to remember that AEG owns Atlas Copco, while
Milwaukee (apologies to both original inhabitants and fans of Alice Cooper's
cameo appearance in Wayne's World for misspelling ;-) is the brand under
which they're sold in the USA, but also (possibly against the intent of
the European marketing people) at sometimes-keener prices in the UK.

Regardless of the brand, I've been *very* happy with the build quality
and the decently-managed charger on these; but cheap they weren't.

HTH - Stefek