Dan

Default Window A/C installation ?

Hi,

I'm considering installing a 10-12,000 btu window a/c, weight is about 100
lbs.

The window I have is 4'w x6'h. The upper 2' is a horizontal sliding pane and
can be removed easily.That's where the unit would be installed, at the top
not on the window sill part.

I'm concerned about vibrational noise and the weight of the unit.
I'm wondering what would be the best way to install this. Unfortunately I'm
on the 2nd floor and can't really get outside to secure it.
Is there any way that I can create a good secure fit into the window.?

We currently have a 65lb. one in our bedroom, same window design.Seems quite
sturdy but there is a low level bass vibration sound emanating from the
space which is somewhat annoying. The sound is kind of like a truck idling
below our apartment.

Thanks.