Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Ken Moiarty wrote:
Now that sounds like an idea! But could you describe a little more for me
as to what a "fogger" is exactly and/or where I should be able to buy one?
Thanks.

Back in the days when I had a cat, late summer would become uncomfortable due to
all the fleas in the carpet. I'd nuke them with foggers that you should be able
to buy at the grocery store or any home improvement store. All a fogger is is a
spray can that once activated, doesn't stop spraying until it's empty. You'd
put a sheet of newspaper on the carpet, place the activated fogger on the paper
and vacate the premises for a couple of hours. When you got back, air the room
out. With fleas, you'd wait a week or so and repeat to get the eggs that
hatched after you nuked but before they reproduced again. Two treatments would
take care of the infestation until the following year.

In your case, you wouldn't need to place paper or air anything out. I would
think flea spray would work just fine against wasps in an enclosed area like an
attic. An insect is an insect... they all breath the same. I'd go ahead and
toss all three cans in; I doubt anything will survive.

It should cost roughly $10 US for a three pack. Look for 3 cans of "flea spray"
packaged in a box. There well may be dedicated foggers just for wasps... ask at
the home center. If not, try the flea spray.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE