Dave Plowman (News)

In article . com,
wrote:
I have a NAD C370 Amp with a 523 CD Player through some KEF Speakers.
A while ago I moved to the U.S. from London and I am now looking to
have my stereo sent over.

I have an NAD amp here in the UK, and it is internally adjustable to 110
volts. Dunno if this applies across the range, though.

What would I need in order to adapt to the downgrade in electrical
power? Will it affect the sound quality? Any specific transformer
suggestion? And would the speakers be okay?

The normal way would be to use an auto transformer to get the 240 volts.
But it may be cheaper to sell your gear in the UK and replace it with
similar US spec - thus saving the cost of the transformer and the carriage
costs.

The speakers will be fine - as unless they have built in power amps (ie,
have a mains connection too) don't have any reference to the mains.

--
*He's not dead - he's electroencephalographically challenged

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.