What possible bearing does the position of the hall have on the problem
of hearing someone blow their nose whilst you are in the bath? It
depends where the bathroom is, where the neighbour is at the time and
noise insulation (or lack) of the walls.

Assuming "normal" or at least common house layout in the UK, and "halls
together" is the
standard way of referring to the mirroring in semis. Also assuming
common 9" solid party
wall in 1930-ish semis.
The occasions I have heard his nose, I assume he is in his bathroom the
other side of the wall.
He may have been under a blanket in the living room, but if so his conk
is even more almighty
than I thought !
Simon.