Dave Plowman (News)

In article . com,
wrote:
I initially thought halls together would be preferable, due to TV noise
etc. But I actually find it a lot more disconcerting to be having a
quiet bath when a trumpet-nosed neighbour next door can be heard
blowing his nose. I guess with small bathrooms, you are often closer to
the party wall. Also, banging of kitchen cabinets travels easily
through a solid party wall. An front doors / stairs also tend to be
loud. If I had a large house where rooms could shrink, I would be
tempted to build a cavity wall onto my side and move all the joists
etc. Or better still, win the lottery and buy a detached house.
Any experiences or preferences?

Things like kitchens tend to be the same noise wise in halls adjoining or
not semis. It's the living area and probably one bedroom which benefit
from the noise suppression of the halls adjoining layout. And living areas
tend to be where the Hi-Fi etc is.

Halls 'outsides' are said to use less energy to heat.

--
*Re-elect nobody

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.