Rumpty

haven't used these folks - but www.littlemachineshop.com is often
mentioned / recommended as a place to get an inexpensive dial/base/tip
combination.

Theirs is just fine for the wood shop, especially the one with the "tip
collection".

--

Rumpty

"Patrick Conroy" wrote in message
news
Hitch wrote in
:

Got a bit of birthday money and one thing I'd like is a dial
indicator. Lee Valley has one for $32 for indicator AND magnetic
base. They say it's accurate to 0.0005". Is this really a good deal,
or is $32 bucks US just too cheap for reasonable quality? Maybe I
should just buy more clamps from LV and look elsewhere for a better
dial indicator.

I dunno - my Harbor Frieght one was about five bux USD...

I haven't used these folks - but www.littlemachineshop.com is often