woodworker88

I just look at it as a way to get new tools!
Some recent examples:

Garbage disposal leaks internally-reciprocating saw to cut off rusted
hanging bolts connecting to sink flange.

Need to make 3" hole in plywood subfloor to inspect floor cavity-3"
hole saw-1/2"shank arbor-1/2" corded drill in addition to 3/8" corded
and cordless I already have.

2600 lb excello mill (bridgeport clone) needs moving from shipping
crate to tool room inside school shop. No new tools, but 3 days and 5
2 1/2 ton rolling shop jacks +pipes+boards/levers etc. Also need to
remove table and leadscrew to get machine thru 36" doorway. We think
table weighs ~200 lbs, actually 500+, table falls, nearly smashes hand,
nearly forces us to buy new socket set for angry autoshop teacher (we
were lucky it only smashed the sheet metal case). Then we had to
slide, "walk" table onto hand cart to wheel to autoshop to use 2 ton
chain hoist to lift onto cart, then wheel back to tool room and slide
onto ways. Reinstall leadscrew, then 2 months of fixing: noone was
paying close attention to leadscrew assembly when removed from
machine- "Where does this part go?" also 3 weeks to replace busted
one-shot hose. also gibs all screwed up. Finally, machine all ready
to go, only need three phase power installed. Power is in electrical
panel less than 4 feet away, but school shop, typical beurocratic
nightmare, etc.
Hmm. Did that toilet sound right? If it didn't, I'm not going to be
happy. In the last 2 months, 6-8 toilet repairs. There are 3 toilets
in my house. Ugh!