DeepDiver

"Ignoramus23410" wrote in message
On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 19:16:25 GMT, DeepDiver wrote:
"Ignoramus23410" wrote in message

We are inviting several other children tomorrow to have some
water fun.

I hate to have to say this, but such are the times we live in....

I hope your homeowner's insurance or renter's insurance has healthy
liability coverage. You might want to call them and confirm the limits
and
restrictions on your policy.

I checked with my insurance agent. They do not have any exclusions for
pools. If something unexpectedly happens, we'll be covered. They will
fax me a summary of my insurance and will mail me the brochure with
the full policy.

I do not expect big trouble tomorrow, because the kids are big enough
not to drown in that very shallow pool, the pool is soft and the slide
is low. But you are right, it pays to be careful.

In these days of greedy tort lawyers (and their plaintiffs) looking for
"jackpot" lawsuits, one must be very, very careful.

My concern is not just the pool but also the slide. A kid could fall or slip
or twist a joint, etc. You might want to call back your insurance agent and
tell them about your homemade slide (since it's not a commercially-produced
item). Just to be sure that it isn't excluded.

I hate having to even think about this stuff. What happened to the good ole'
days when, through the power of common sense, people knew that life wasn't
perfect?

- Michael