Duane Bozarth

Ignoramus23410 wrote:

On 6 Jun 2005 08:47:27 -0700, woodworker88 wrote:
You don't want actual 1" hose with threaded ends. Buy a kit sold for
installing sump pumps. It has the 1" hose and the barbed nipples and
hose clamps. This is definately the way to go for any sump pump. I
have three in different areas of my yard and all have this upgrade. On
volume, I used a 1/4 HP sump pump with 30' of 1" hose to empty a 60,000
gallon swimming pool in 12 hours. That's with 18 feet of head (the
pump is 18 feet below the output of the hose)!

Thanks to you and everyone else for good ideas.

I called Wayne pumps. The lady on the phone was very helpful.

She said that definitely I should switch to 1" hose instead of my 5/8"
garden hose. It would make the pump pump much more water and it would
work less hard.

She also said that as far as life expectancy goes, if I used it for a
few hours every day, it would last a couple of years. I expect it to
be used perhaps 30 minutes per day for a small part of the year, so it
will, hopefully, last enough. Heck, even one year will make it
worthwhile.

We are inviting several other children tomorrow to have some water
fun.

Reducing inlet restriction will help although you may not get the extra
flow you're hoping for if your actual feed supply is limiting...what
size spigot/supply line do you have?