CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

Shel wrote:
I have a GE refrigerator/freezer with an icemaker..the kind where you can
get ice cubes, crushed ice or water out of the freezer door. The ice stinks
and has powder in and on it...the metal in the unit stinks and collects
powder on it too. Some of the ice comes through with green slime....I've
taken the icemaker apart washed it many times and we still wind up with
this....We do have a water softener hooked up ...any help or input would be
very much
appreciated.
Thank you
Sheli

We got the same problem. If you search the web HARD enough you will
find others. Ours is not a GE though. its mold/mildew. A common
problem in commercial ice machines. Im not sure how one handles this
for their home. The only way I read was to replace all the water guts
of the fridge and the ice maker.

We havent used our ice in about 4 years now

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert