Shel

wrote in message
oups.com...
That's weird. Are you sure softened water goes to the freezer, and
that whatever is coming out of that line is really pure ? How old is
the fridge.

Yes, the guy installed the water softener so all lines are being run through
it. We had the water softner company test the water after the install and
all was fine - that was about 4 years ago...never let it run out of salt and
it keeps doing what it should be. The fridge is about 4 years old we bought
it brand new.

The booklet that came with the refrigerator says some models have a water
filter, we searched ours over and haven't been able to find one.