Alex Gibson

"James Sweet" wrote in message
news:yM8pe.12353$_w.716@trnddc01...

"Ray L. Volts" wrote in message
news:%v8pe.4493$Kj3.957@trnddc03...

"Neo" wrote in message
I am about to purchase a temperature controlled soldering station.

Seems that the Hakko936 are very well known.

However, I have been unable to find any feedback on Goot stations.

These are sold in Australia by Jaycar.

https://secure2.vivid-design.com.au...x=&SUBCATID=627

Anybody tried these?

How do they measure up to Hakko's?

TIA,
Neo.

Dunno bout Goot, but if you can find Weller stations in Oz, they won't
disappoint. Depending on where you buy, Weller stations can cost a bit

more
than others, but in my experience they've proven very durable and
reliable
over the decades.

http://www.cooperhandtools.com/brand...g%20Station s

Weller has made excellent stuff in the past, though lately their quality
has
slipped. I'd second the recommendation for a Hakko, we have a 936 in the
lab
at work and it's excellent.

Hakko or Xytronic both very good and can get spares easily.

Have a Xytronic 988D sitting on my desk , has worked flawlessly.

For tip cleaning , the dry type tip cleaners (look like left overs from
turning copper)
work well and avoid needing a wet sponge or replacement sponges.

Alex