Doug Miller

In article . com, "Never Enough Money" wrote:
You are missing the point. I called Indra's net and spoke with their
tech weenie. He said I needed to connect through Comcast since they are
my broadband modem provider.

You may be missing something, too: you can probably (but not necessarily)
connect to Indra's news server *through* your broadband connection to Comcast.
Lots of front-line tech support people are absolutely clueless about anything
that isn't completely 100 percent standard, and they'll automatically tell you
it can't be done, when the truth is they haven't been told how. Try to get
past Indra's front-line support, and talk to somebody in their second tier
support group - if *they* tell you it can't be done, that's probably correct.

--
Regards,