lionslair at consolidated dot net

Nick Hull wrote:

In article ,
"lionslair at consolidated dot net" "lionslair at consolidated dot
net" wrote:

He dug the hole. Then slotted in one side - long gentle slope to the bottom.
Then the pole is rolled so the end is near the hole - pole bumps down the
slot and starts to stand up - Once planted, he walked up the pole - standing
it up and then he tied it off to his tractor and filled/ packed the hole.

I use a slightly different technique. After I drill the hole I put the
pole across my carry-all. If you get the post positioned right on the
carry-all and the carry-all at the right height (experience), then it is
EZ to lift the pole since it is nearly balanced and when you flip it up
it falls down in the hole so neatly I usually don't need the board to
keep it from digging in the side as it goes down. I have erected
telephone poles over 20' high singlehanded.

Just invite a Scott - They topple poles for fun in the 'games' :-)

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life