ATP*

"Tom Quackenbush" wrote in message
.. .
G Henslee wrote:
Ignoramus6998 wrote:
I made a water slide for my 4 year old today.

The setup recirculates water in an inflatable pool.

Take the kid to a water park. That thing will ruin your lawn.

Jeez, you sound like my (childless) Aunt. Does anybody with little
kids actually have time for a nice lawn?

I'm childless, too - my lawn is imperfect because I'm laz^H^H^H
attuned to nature. Yeah, that's the ticket, I'm attuned to nature.

I guess I had a warped childhood. We thought that "lawns" were for
old people. We thought that "the grass" was for walking on and
playing on, not for admiring. Good place to pick nightcrawlers on
rainy nights, too. Actually, even "the grass" was a misnomer, unless
your definition of grass includes dandelions, crabgrass, plantain,
violets, clover and lord knows what else.

I don't worry about damage to small areas of the lawn. But I find if I keep
it healthy, well fed, aerated and cut it frequently it makes a nicer
playing/practice field for my six year olds. When they graduate from Power
Wheels and T-ball it's going to be a much bigger challenge to keep the grass
alive.