Leon

"Prometheus" wrote in message

Yes, yes. Thank you for protecting us all from the terrible scourge
of absent-minded bookreaders. Now don't you have a McDonald's to sue
for making you fat or something?

I know the law is the law, but it's important to use a little
perspective and common sense.

Well I am not the one with the problem here. If you rely on perspective and
common sense of employees of a library or store you may very well be the
type person that needs to be reminded of this. I'd say 80% of retail and
public workers believe that they are there for YOUR benefit. Those are the
ones that get overly excited about some one breaking the law whether it be
purposely or by accident. The other 20% realize where their paychecks come
from and or why they are there. They tend to be the only ones with common
since and perspective in situations like this. In my younger days I fell in
the 80% group and most of us seemed to see eye to eye when it comes to
theft. So it will be easy for you or I to use perspective and or common
sense but keep in mind that it is the store employee or public worker that
you must rely on to have the perspective and common sense after he has
witnessed you break the law and does not know you from Adam.