Norman D. Crow

"gary" wrote in message
link.net...

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On 3 Jun 2005 17:47:58 -0700, "Mike" wrote:

When I first started reading this n.g. several years ago you were in
the process of building your, iirc, "bullet proof boat."

Building boats is quicker and _far_ cheaper than maintaining them once
afloat.

Ask any boat owner. The amount it costs to look after it is more than
they expected, in rough proportion to the reduction in the time they
actually get to use it compared to expectations.

I know everybody has already heard this, but . .

Definition of a boat . . . "A hole in the water, into which you pour money".

Daughter & SIL just bought a 26' cruiser w/Mercruiser V8 that has suddenly
developed a bad case of "not gonna go". Can't get more than 2800RPM out of
it. He'll eventually get, but it's supremely frustrating(and costly).

--
Nahmie