Bert Hyman

In "Windi" wrote:

I'm very confused. It's time to replace all the windows in my house in
Westchester County, NY. There are so many replacement window companies.
Several have come to my house to give me prices. They all say their
product is the best. How do I sort this out? I don't want the
cheapest, nor do I need "the best". Want a quality window that will
look nice and will be a plus when I sell the house sometime in the
future. Thanks. Win

We have them in several rooms in the house, installed by two different
companies.

Other than the lock hardware, they are absolutely identical, down to
interchangeable spring-tube assemblies. We had one fail, couldn't remember
or figure out which company installed the window it came from and just got
a replacement from the one which was most convenient.

Ultimately, I think it comes down to which company does the best
installation job, something that you'll have to work hard to figure out.

That said, I -really don't like them very much. Windows which get opened
a lot leak air; apparently the plastic-on-plastic bearing surfaces wear
pretty quickly. The windows which don't get used much are still pretty
tight.

When we remodeled our kitchen, we went with a more traditional window,
made by Marvin.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN