Tom Watson

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 18:14:44 -0600, Dave Balderstone
wrote:

In article , Tom Watson
wrote:

Still, it's the wishing and the wanting that keeps us moving forward
and, like our cartilaginous cousins, the sharks, if'n we stop moving
forward - we sink to the bottom and die.

Nice list, Tom.

I just want to build a piece that doesn't have some stupid mistake that
I pray nobody sees.

;-)

djb

Thanks for the kind words, Dave.

As to the wish for perfection -

I've adopted a modified version of the concept of The Persian Flaw.

As it was related to me, Persian rug makers, although capable of
creating a perfect rug, would include an intended flaw, so as not to
give offence to The Only Perfect Being.

I call my implementation a modified version because I know damned well
that I have not and probably never will produce a flawless piece - yet
I take succor from the humility expressed by those more capable.

You may notice that I used the word, "probably" - I haven't quite
given up yet.

Tom Watson - WoodDorker
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/ (website)