Wes Stewart

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 18:43:36 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

"Bill" wrote in message
newsan.2005.06.04.18.06.43.459362@notarealserve r.com...
On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 21:24:39 -0700, Tim Douglass wrote:

Our library has magnetic strips or something in the books - try to
take them without checking out and an alarm sounds.

Had any of us ever looked in my briefcase we'd have found the offending
volume.

For future reference, had they searched your briefcase you could have been
arrested. Conceiling merchandise whether you intend to pay for it or not
immeditely qualifies you as a thief with intent to steal.

And in Arizona this would be a capital offense with summary execution
authorized.

http://www.dailystar.com/dailystar/r...cles/16544.php

http://www.dailystar.com/dailystar/printDS/25838.php

Note our quirky law:

"Unklesbay said several factors played into his decision, from witness
accounts that described Hernandez as provoking the fight to a state
law that allows merchants to detain suspected shoplifters for law
enforcement purposes. Another state law also allows people to use
physical force when detaining others for law enforcement if it's
necessary."