Mark

Default Fitting bathroom suite.

Decided to put something back into my house rather than breaking stuff
this week. ;-)

Started with cutting the old copper pipes back that supplied the sink
and toilet.

The cistern was rusted on it's screws so I smashed it off the wall
into little bits. Opps I was meant to putting stuff back...

Filled some holes and gouges in the wall.

Anyway. Fitted some new pushfit to the copper to supply the sink and
toilet (fitted service valves on all three pipes).

Got my respirator on to remove the old toilet pan, not a fan of drains
smells. :-)
Came straight off so one plus for someone previously fitting a new
soil stack and internal plastic soil pipe complete with swiveling end
piece.

Had to clean out the end of the swivel as it was a bit crusted with
some "stuff".

Offered up the new pan and it fitted perfectly. Marked on the floor
for the fitting bolts - these are an absolutely stupid idea (Wickes).
Screw with a hole/eye in the flattened top so you can put that into
the floor and then screw the bolt through the pan into them. Only
problem is they go inside the base so I found every time I moved the
pan to fit them when I put it back it wasn't in the same place. Five
holes later they matched the holes in the pan base!

Tipped a bucket of water down the pan to find it didn't leak. :-)

The instructions for the cistern base securing screws and washers were
very non de script being for half a dozen different cistern/toilet pan
systems.
Made a best guess despite having read and studied the leaflets for
weeks.
They didn't leak but the cistern fill pipe with it's washer and
plastic nut ****ed out water (haha) like a waterfall due to them
saying to tighten it by hand to avoid stripping the threads/nut.
Thank god for the service valve!!
Refitted it with some plumbers putty stuff for good measure and
tightened it with some grips despite the leaflets protests.

Reattached the supply pipe (solder against pushfit - I know which I
prefer) and it didn't leak. Filled the cistern.
The float is stupid as it sits in one corner but the flush pipe in the
middle and obstructs it where ever you position it then it hits the
side of the cistern when it fills. Settled on a slightly lower flush
level to stop this being a problem.
Flushes perfectly, no leaks and better by miles than the chocolate
brown pan there before - put that outside for the neighbours to marvel
at. ;-)

Just a slight problem with the push button flush as I cut the stick
bit too short so have had to glue a bit back on and after trying it
again today had to glue some more back on. :-) But I can live with it
being glued as it's inside the button on the underside of the cistern
lid so all it does is thread up into the top.

Not too bad for my first toilet replacement I thought?

Think I've lost or not had enough bits for the sink after looking at
it more closely today. It's a half pedestal type but I don't see how
you fasten the pedestal to the wall?

I've two big plugs and bolts/nuts for the sink basin but nothing I can
see for the pedestal. Any ideas as to how it should fit?

Mark S.