Chris Kaley

Default Screwfix - substandard tools

I'm rebuiding my kitchen.

One of the more onerous tasks has been to remove all the existing tiles (all
over every wall....) So I purchased a Bosch SDS drill for this job (and
others) and it's great.

Also purchased the tile removing chisel.

The first morning's use, it broke. I ordered two more from Screwfix, and
paid extra for rapid delivery. They arrived today, and I started work
again. This time the tile removing bit bent after half an hour. Now, I've
followed all the instructions to the letter - let the weight of the machine
do the work, and kept the drill shank regularly greased. I would have
expected these things to lat a bit longer than that.

Last year, I did the bathroom and hired the SDS drill and tile-remover, and
did the whole room with no problems.

Has anyone else experienced similar short life with drill-bits, etc?

Screwfix will replace the bits free of charge, bless 'em, but couldn't let
me speak to anyone about the problem from a technical aspect, as I feel
these items are not fit for purpose.

Chris