Jim White

Default Hitachi Power tools

Well, that makes a lot of good sense, but I have to think in broad terms
here.
Whatever I buy right now will be through my company. I shall give it fairly
light use for a year or so, then retire, taking the power tools with me.
(I can sell them to myself for the written down value which would be fairly
nominal.)
I don't suppose anyone else will ever see them, so I don't need to buy for
the brand, but just want to make sure that I buy the *best* tools that I
can.
Easiest to use, best results, spares availability, after sales service, you
know...
The people I have spoken to have all told me that the cheapest jigsaws,
circular saws, chisels and so on have all been the worst they've ever
bought.
there's no point in me saving a few bob now, if I'm going to want to buy
something better when I retire when it's out of my own pocket, rather than
getting some help from the tax man!

Jim

"Michael Mcneil" wrote in message
news:b01d457dbe6f917e2dd5566e8de9829f.45219@mygate .mailgate.org...
"RichardS" noaccess@invalid wrote in message

I think I need to just make a decision.... Bosch; Makita. Bosch;

Makita.
Bosch; Makita.
And then there's a circular saw in the wings!

I have an Atlas Copco BSPE100XL jigsaw and it really is a good piece of

kit.

I can remember back in the dim and distant when AEG was the dog's banana
then my boss bought one and I being green and the first to use it was
somewhat discomfitted-up to find it was about the worst piece of some
other part of the dog that I have ever seen.

Steer clear of expensive kit. OK good kit is VFM whatever the price if
you can make it pay. Buying into a name is like wearing Nike
when you can get the same thing probably from the same sweat shop for a
lot less. When all you want is a comfortable shoe, buy a leather one
that fits.