Nick Hull

In article ,
Larry Jaques wrote:

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 11:13:42 -0400, the inscrutable Jeff Wisnia
spake:

I still believe it's not necessary to refrigerate Hellman's mayo after
opening for safety reasons, but only to keep it's taste longer.

Jeff

P.S. I just scanned the label on a bottle of Heinz 57 Ketchup (Which we
also keep in the fridge.) and unless my eyes are really shot, I can't
find anything about "Refrigerate after opening" on it either.

Trust me, having had bad catsup before, you do NOT want to take a
chance with it. Date it going into the fridge if you don't use it
very often. I think the one which got me was over 2 years old, and
since I'm single and didn't use it often, I didn't keep close enough
track of it. Damnear kilt me, it did. Projectilely and from both ends
at once. Oy vay!

I have my doubts that ketchup caused your problem. I had a siniliar
problem shortly after eating some whole cherries I got out of the
freezer, and after weeks of searching discovered the problem was not the
cherries but instead the rice I ate at a mexican restaurant the day
before. (the restaurant went out of business within weeks).

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/