Cydrome Leader

pyotr filipivich wrote:
Let the record show that Cydrome Leader wrote
back on Tue, 31 May 2005 22:44:08 +0000 (UTC) in rec.crafts.metalworking :

USA makes money from teachers, administrators
salaries. Everyone in the system gets a chunk
in their pockets....

Germany teaches the young. These people
then go out and are PRODUCTIVE in their
workplace. They profit orders of magnitude
greater than we do, because education = money.

Uh, germany has one of the highest unployments rates of any developed nation.

But that is not, per se, a result of the education establishment. Save
that the students were taught that Bismarckian social welfare is the best
way to run a country. One can argue (and better economist than I do) that
the 12% German unemployment rate is a result of the expense of carrying and
paying for the social programs.

I'm waiting for the day the last person in Europe with a job gets sick of paying for everybody else and quits.

So the students graduate with a skill set, but they are also graduated
into a socio-economic classification. They've skills, just no jobs. And I
seem to remember that there wasn't the concept of "go back to school and
learn a new 'trade' or profession. (I may be wrong on that, it's been near
thirty years since I lived there, and my German wasn't all that good in
those days.)

tschus
pyotr