Bill

On 26 May 2005 16:09:55 GMT, Userb3 wrote:

We've inherited a 30 yr old concrete pool with stainless steel sides, and
its a bear to keep clean. We'd like to invest in an automatic pool cleaner
(preferably one that doesn't rely on the pool's main pump) to clean/scrub
algae, dirt, and other debris on the pool bottom.

get a Polaris pool cleaner...the best

I've found a "Pool Hog" for around $400. What else can you recommend in the
under $600 range?

just go ahead and spring for the Polaris...it ain't cheap but it
really does work...

http://www.polarispoolsystems.com/home.htm

The stench of poor quality lasts much longer than the pleasure of
saving a few bucks on a half assed system...if you can't afford to get
the good one now...just keep cleaning the pool with your manual vacuum
until you can afford the good one!

Regards,
Bill