Andrew Gabriel

In article .com,
writes:
wrote:
Just about to start plaster boarding my new stud wall. I have the non
tapered edge plasterboard. Do I just butt the sheets up against each
other and scrim tape over the joints in preperation for skimming?

leave 1/4 - 1/2" gaps, the plaster squishes thru and bonds them
together. Otherwise the joints jhust crack.

If you have any bonding coat plaster, use that to squish
through the gaps. Probably not worth buying it specially
for this though -- finish coat or plaster board plaster
works too, but don't make the gaps too big in that case.
Then scrim tape over before skimming.

BTW, no gaps required where both edges of the ajoining
boards are screwed to the same timber, only where they
are floating across studs.

--
Andrew Gabriel