william_b_noble

I use CA glue for this purpose - it works well, and cost is reasonable when
you buy it by the pint or quart

"JRJohnson" wrote in message
Guys, I just got a couple of large box elder trees that blew down in the
latest storm. The reason they blew down was that they were rotted up the
heart. Only 1-3" of wood on the outside was solid. But when I cut the
trunks up, it had the most beautiful spalting and color you could imagine.
The problem is that the wood is too soft to turn.

Does anyone know of a method to harden the wood? A thin epoxy, or
something
like that? Even a liquid plastic in a high pressure vessel? Any
successes
out there at all? This stuff is absolutely beautiful, and it would pain
me
to toss it out.

Thanks,
James Johnson