John Rumm

Just about to start plaster boarding my new stud wall. I have the non
tapered edge plasterboard. Do I just butt the sheets up against each
other and scrim tape over the joints in preperation for skimming?

Yup...

Most people go for the vertical positioning of the PB since in many
houses it reaches the ceiling. A better way (IMHO) is to do it
horizontally (you position the noggins across the middle to match a
board width from the floor). That way you can stagger the boards top and
bottom which gives a slightly more rigid wall.

You don't have to make the joins a perfect fit, since there is no harm
in the skim getting a little extra "key" into any gaps.

I use the bugal head drywall screws on a 400 x 400mm spacing (assuming
the studs are on 400mm centres that is!). One of the drywall screwdriver
bits (i.e. with the shroud) works well - especially in a magnetic bit
holder. They are quite a shallow screw pitch, so you can spin them in
with the drill on high speed as well I find.

--
Cheers,

John.

http://www.internode.co.uk |