Patriarch

charlie b wrote in news:429FE963.4C15
@accesscom.com:

My woodworking goal is to be able to develop the knowledge,
skills and abilities necessary to design, build and finish
furniture I can't afford to buy.

(BTW - Tom Plamann's done it - so there's hope.)

What're you shooting for?

charlie b

It started out as sawdust therapy. One place where I could not be
reached by cell phone, because I could turn it off without guilt for
safety reasons.

And to have something, anything, tangible, to show for the planning,
learning, struggle and fight that was my life at the time. I've at
least temporarily cured the career induced problems.

My wife & I are discussing telling the corporate world that it can do
without us, that with our children raised and their educations paid for,
and our parents at least fairly well settled into their later years,
that it's time to do the artsy, studio-types of things we postponed 30+
years ago in order to have a home and responsibly raise a family. The
business plan is taking shape, I'm getting sufficient confidence in a
focused area of endeavor, and have put together some network of
resources to show, market and install the types of things I can
economically make in a semi-customised manner.

And then I'll still do a few exploratory pieces, just for my own
enjoyment.

But it's nice to have recovered at least some of my former good nature.

Patriarch,
who owes most of it to sawdust...