Eric Tonks

Not to long ago, I checked out at the lumber aisle with some plywood and
some small items. I told the cashier about the items on the bottom of the
cart, she bent over with the handheld scanner to scan the small items. A
couple of weeks later some of the items were surplus and I went to return
them. When I located the cash register receipt with the plywood on it, I
found that the items that I wanted to return were not on the receipt. She
apparently didn't scan them.

"Vic Baron" wrote in message

"Renata" wrote in message
Going to return a quart of paint to Lowes, I dig out the receipt and
noticed they charged me for 2 cans when I only bought 1. Haven't had
a chance to discuss this with them yet, but in the meantime, I' gotta
return an outside light fixture at HD (cause I found a nicer one at
Lowes) and what do my eyes behold, but a charge for 2 of them! Now
since I only have one light outside the door, and only one door to the
outside (except for sliders w/spots overhead), there's no way I'd a
picked up two lights in first place, much less misplaced one between
the BORG and home. Going shortly to try to get this straightened out.
THis one's more critical since it's $45 rather than the $7 for the
paint.

Twice in a short interval at 2 different spots. What the heck's going
on here?!?

Renata

Don't take this the wrong way but what's going on here is you not paying
attention to your receipts. Double scanning is quite common - sometimes it
*IS* intentional but most times the scanner burps or the checker

hesitates
during the sweep.

Maybe a lesson learned?

Chances are you'll be able to recover your overcharges.

Vic