Mark Healey

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 21:47:30 -0400, Jonah wrote:

Mark - If you feel like being experimental - all the ones I've changed
(only
3 or 4) have been phillips and left-hand thread.

Jonah wrote:
For drill chuck removal try this. Chuck up the largest allen wrench you
can with the long side sticking up from the chuck. Give it a sharp rap
with a hammer counter clockwise to loosen the screw. Remove the allen
wrench and chuck screw (left hand thread). Re-chuck the allen wrench and
give it a sharp rap clockwise and the chuck should come loose.

Sorry, I got it bass-ackwards. Turn it clockwise first, then
counter-clockwise. To replace the chuck, screw it back on, tighten the
screw and then rap it clockwise and give the screw a final tightening.

According to the manual on their web site (I can now find it, thanks guys)
it is a phillips and works like all other drills.

The problem is that there is no screw visible. It looks like either some
crud got forced into it or the head got totally stripped.

Now I'm wondering if I can put a normal bit in a vice and run the drill
against it, sort of like an easy-out.

--
Mark Healey
marknews(at)healeyonline(dot)com