The Tick

I had a similar situation with a drill about a year ago. The screw at the
bottom of the chuck is a left handed screw. The threads on mine seemed to
have gotten fubar'd, so a friend at a local machine shop drilled it out
for me so I could put the new chuck on.

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 00:03:57 +0000, Mark Healey wrote:

I have a small corded Skill drill with a keyless chuck. One of the jaws
doesn't travel with the other two. I decided to replace the chuck. I
went out and bought one and when I got home I found I couldn't remove
the old one. I can't see down there very well so I don't know what kind
of tool to use in the set screw.

For reasons that would bore everyone here, replacing the drill is the
last option.

If anybody has the manual could you please tell me how to remove the
chuck.