robo hippy

Well, some pieces seemed to dry straight with no cracks. Some warped
badly, and in opposite directions, even though they were taken is
sequence from the burl. Some had little warping, and few cracks. I had
a little bit of everything except consistency. I still have some big
chunks of the burl left, and will try the boiling (which is supposed to
be the only way to stabilize madrone), and LDD. Maybe it will be
different, maybe not. Madrone is weird. I like to turn it thin and wet,
and watch it move. I have one bowl that I just finished. It is natural
edge, 4 1/4 to 5 1/2 high, 5 3/4 wide, and 9 long. I think it is done
moving, but with Madrone, it is hard to tell.
robo hippy