lionslair at consolidated dot net

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 04:41:45 GMT, the inscrutable Edward Greeley
spake:

OK, Jeff, I LOOKED at a jar of Hellman's "REAL" Mayonaise that is in my
fridge which bears a "Best if used by" date of Oct 11 05. The label
plainly, clearly and specifically states: "REFRIGERATE AFTER OPENING".

The list of ingredients includes WHOLE EGGS and EGG YOLKS. Ain't NO WAY
I would use the stuff if it had been stored at room temp for any length
of time (say, more than a couple of hours max) 'cause I've had food
poisoning before and it's not a lot of fun.

See my other post with the link. All eggs in today's mayo are
PASTEURIZED and safe.

--
"Not always right, but never uncertain." --Heinlein
-=-=-

That being said, they don't have in the eggs something that will poison you.
However, once it is hot or warm - and little joey opens the jar with his
playing with frogs hands or Sally with her hugging and kissing the dogs hands
one had enough of the local barn yard inside to brew a batch. In fact,
just spread some on bread - nice rich protein ready to grow something - .....

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life