Josh

"v" wrote

I am appalled to hear how far the Troy-Bilt brand has sunk. It used
to actually be made in Troy (NY) and they had some rugged stuff,
especially rear tine garden tillers.

You hit the nail on the head.

MTD is well known for making cheep cheep like the little bird said
house-brand and generic stuff for sale by whoever. I have an MTD
mower that came with several different stickers so that it could be
made into several different brands! The phrase "high end" and "MTD"
should never come together. If they make anything for Cub, I gotta
believe it is the same low end "economy" level they are apparently
making as "Troy Bilt" for Lowe's.

I believe most people are unaware, that the box stores have items made to
their specifications. They truly believe they are getting the same quality
as if they purchased at an authorized dealer.

Jeez, you buy a tractor for $1k at Lowe's, how could you think it has
any association with anything "high end", and OF COURSE it is poorly
designed - they just want it ti be cheap to make.

Exactly.