Alan Adrian

"Bret Cahill" wrote in message
oups.com...
I used a bladderless 40 gallon tank for 4 years and every 6 months I
had to drain the water out because the air somehow escaped.

The water was brought up 50' in turbulent two phase flow and should
have been pretty well aerated for a vacuum.

Perhaps you had microscopic leaks? Big enough to allow gas through, but too
small for water... I've designed quite a bit of stuff for underwater and
given enough time things can get through... Usually it's the welds, but once
I had leakage past some hydraulic purge caps that were pressed into service
as air bleeders... I got a couple cups of pure tasting water into several
electronics pressure cases that were down ~50m for 2 years... and this was
in the Bosporous.. salty water... The water was so pure we never had any
corrosion or even electronics failures in the cases...

Anyways, I'm guilty of applying my mind to the OP's problem, though I've
never installed a well pump... And as this stuff isn't anything new, he
really shouldn't have asked for help here.... He should have gone to the
place where he bought the well equipment...

But it is fun to think this stuff through and learn a thing or two. And
perhaps he wanted to avoid "the right way" for reasons of his own, in which
case this is exactly the right place to come and get ideas from...

Al...