Clark W. Griswold, Jr.

Mike Berger wrote:

I'd think so too -- but every oil change business around here uses
a pump now instead of removing the drain plug. Apparently the
practice hasn't caused any damage.

Modern oils are designed to keep internal crud in suspension or caught in the
filter. As long as you get the majority of oil out of the crankcase, you haven't
anything to worry about. Given the number of loose or over tightened drainplugs
from minimum wage lube lane droids, not touching them is probably a good thing.

Oil change before last I had the local 30 minute place do as I was in a hurry
and didn't have time to do it myself. A few weeks ago, I put the vehicle up on
ramps and did it myself. I had to actually go get a breaker bar to loosen the
drain plug. They must have been microns away from cracking the oil pan. Can you
say ****ed?