Rich Greenberg

In article ,
Doug Miller wrote:

Drain the oil. You're going to have a mess - ONCE. Then visit your friendly
neighborhood hardware store, drain plug in hand, and buy a black-steel pipe
nipple with the same thread size as the drain plug, and long enough to extend
past the edge of the mower. You're probably looking for 3/8" pipe, by maybe 6"
long. Get a threaded cap, too. Thread the nipple into the hole where the drain
plug goes, and the cap over the other end of the nipple. Throw the plug in the
trash. Refill the oil sump.

Next time you change oil, put a pan under the pipe nipple and take the cap
off. No mess.

Good idea Doug. I would suggest adding a street ell on the end of the
added nipple with the open end directed down and then capped. Less
potential mess on the nipple threads.

Caution: Don't add the ell if this would reduce ground clearance to an
unaccaptable level.