AAvK

My woodworking goal is to be able to develop the knowledge,
skills and abilities necessary to design, build and finish
furniture I can't afford to buy.
(BTW - Tom Plamann's done it - so there's hope.)
What're you shooting for?
charlie b

For me it is the exact same, however as much by hand as possible. No table
saw, no elecric jointer or thicknesser. But I do have a mini band saw and a
mini drill press, an electric hand Skil-drill, and a Makita palm sander and an
old Rockwell 1/2 sheet sander.

"Minimal-izm" maybe... but I love the old ways of woodworking at heart.
Chisels, hand planes, hand saws, surforms, rasps, braces and handcrank drills,
clamps and a woodworkers bench, and so forth. The hardest part are the old
molding planes (side beaders?) for doing the original work that electric
routers replaced, such as knowing how to choose, use and sharpen them and
making my own blades succesfully. I bought an old skew blade dado plane
with a laminated blade, has no hardness and grinds down like chalk when
sharpening. Rediculous.

--
Alex - newbie_neander in woodworking
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com