John McCoy

Renata wrote in
:

Going to return a quart of paint to Lowes, I dig out the receipt and
noticed they charged me for 2 cans when I only bought 1.

It's not that uncommon for the bar-code scanner to double read on
an item, especially if it's a non-flat shape which doesn't get
picked up on the first swipe. _Usually_ the sales clerk will
notice the double beep and correct it (did you check & see if
there was a credit for 1 unit further down the receipt). When
it's noisy, tho, they can miss it. It's pretty much up to you
to keep an eye on the register, and make sure you don't get
double charged.

John