Christopher

"charlie b" wrote in message
My woodworking goal is to be able to develop the knowledge,
skills and abilities necessary to design, build and finish
furniture I can't afford to buy.

(BTW - Tom Plamann's done it - so there's hope.)

What're you shooting for?

charlie b

I work with my great-grandfather's tools - they are all hand tools that do
not use electricity. I also have his forge and metalworking tools. I
don't use the tools just to be different than, say, the people who shop at
Lowe's. I genuinely enjoy working with human powered tools. When I use the
tools I somehow feel connected to earlier generations of woodworkers and the
escape from the busy everyday overworked modern life helps me keep
balanced - it's like finding new meanings in old familiar poem. My goal
is to keep enjoying using old tools, learning some more techniques, and
making things.

Xopher