Charles Spitzer

"Fly-by-Night CC" wrote in message
news
In article ,
Tim Douglass wrote:

Our library has magnetic strips or something in the books - try to
take them without checking out and an alarm sounds.

My library has a system like that - though it's policed much like the
neighborhood or mall car alarm - hardly anyone even looks up when the
alarm goes off. The CDs, cassettes and videos regularly seem to not
register with the system when you check them out so the alarm goes off
about 30% of the time. I've even had the alarm sound when I return an
item.
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the
Corporate States of America and to the
Republicans for which it stands, one nation,
under debt, easily divisible, with liberty
and justice for oil."
- Wiley Miller, Non Sequitur, 1/24/05

a new library that just opened near me has rfid on everything. they know if
the stack of items you take out is checked out by having a scanner at the
exit.

regards,
charlie
http://glassartists.org/chaniarts