Leo Van Der Loo

Hi George

No George the product is Pentacryl, I submerged the turnings for a long
time, don't recall the exact length, but was several weeks at least, I
was disappointed with the feel and smell, the turnings are still without
cracks, at least last time I picked one up to have another look and smell.
As for PEG I have never used it, I assume that it is working a lot like
Pentacryl but I have no personal experience with it.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

George wrote:

Think you're talking Polyethylene Glycol (PEG), Leo. I get more scum on the
top of mine than on a working sauerkraut crock after soaking green wood, but
I lift it, check the SG and keep on soaking mallets in it anyway.

Pentacryl is sort of like painting the surface with thinned carpenter's
glue, it seems.