On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 11:18:30 -0400, someone wrote:

I think it's better to get as many impurities out of the oil as possible. I
also think that allowing gravity to drain the oil is more likely to get more
of the impurities out.

If the impurities are suspended in the oil, they will come out whether
the oil is sucked or flows. If they are not suspended, they are not
coming out either way. There is not enough "head" nor enough volume
of flow, to "wash out" any big chunks. Never mind just the horizontal
distance of the drain plug, how about the horizontal distances INSIDE
the engine itself.

But I don't really get OP's almost pedantic fear about propping up one
side of the tractor so it drains better. What's the big deal. If he
can't figure out how to drive it onto a board or ramp "safely" then he
should be driving it to begin with.