tater schuld

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 31 May 2005 14:44:52 +0000, TJ Hertz wrote:

... promptly got an electric shock from an
area on the sampler's case where a bit of the paint had been scratched

off,
leaving bare metal. It is worth bearing in mind that I was barefoot and
standing on a concrete garage floor, but nevertheless, this shouldn't
happen.

This is correct. Standing barefoot on a concrete garage floor while
dicking around with anything plugged into mains should never happen.

Good Luck - you'll need it.
Rich

NOTE: this experience happened in the U.S.A. and other countries may differ

a friend of mine had a phonograph player in his basement. the unit operated
fine, but if you touched a metal part of the player, and a metal support
post in the basement, you would get a mild shock (about half of what I've
gotten from touching 110v mains by accident)

Later on in life, I found out that if you attempt to bypass the safety
feature of polarized p,ugs for non-grounded equipment, or if the electrical
outlet was wired incorrectly, this happens.

as you are on a foriegn system, I cannot be sure, but I'd advise to switch
the live and neutral lines. and also put an earth line in there also.

--
Tater
President of MARS Club (NAR #660)