AlexW

Broadback wrote:
As councils are reducing refuse collections to 2 weekly is there any way
of safely reducing the bulk of polystyrene? These days if you buy an
electronic/electrical device the waste almost fills a wheely bin.

I am not advocating this, but...

With a large enough amount of chickens, eventually they will eat it all.

I had about 20 or so near my house and they "cleaned" the back of some
waste EPS insulated wall board which was in my front garden for a few
months. I mentioned this to the owner, when they started at it. He was
quite unperturbed and just said "oh they eat anything".

They did not seem to suffer any adverse effects BTW and were eventually
seen off by foxes about a year later.

Alex.