firstjois

DanG wrote:
It sounds like a great place to create a grape arbor. Shade at
the correct time of the year and the leaves disappear when it is
time to worry about snow load, to say nothing for the bounty of
the grapes. You might even try making wine.

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"donald" wrote in message
I am going to build a roof over an existing sandbox which is
12'x10'. How many posts will be required for construction? I was
thinking three posts on the long end and two on the short end. Is
this sufficient or could I actually get by with four?

Thanks in advance.

Does the sandbox stay outside all year? Wind and snow? At that size I
guess you'd have to leave it out there all year, right? I'd be concerned
about snow and the weight of the snow/ice and whatever else would fall on
the top during the year. If you can wait a bit longer for the sun to come
around to a more summer-like (hotter) angle you might get away with a
slanted section of some material that would shade the sandbox for only the
hottest part of the day, leaving some air and sunshine into the box to dry
out rain.

Josie